50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Update from the foot doctor

So it's confirmed.  The foot doctor says I have a mild case of Plantar Fasciitis.  It's not full blown so there is some good news.  I can still run.  He told me that he wouldn't write my half this Sunday in Connecticut off.  He said I can still run.  But, a few things.

No skimping out on icing it every night.  I've been skimping.  Stretch every night and I must purchase new sneakers.  If I don't, I run the chance of inflaming this.  So that's what I'm going to do.  He also showed me how I can tape this up to lessen the impact of running/walking.  So I'll run this Sunday and evaluate how I feel afterwards.  He did say that it's possible this can remain with me and continue to be mild for months.  I don't want a mild case of Plantars for months on end but I'll take it if that means not a full blown case. 

And now I'm going to go buy some tape for my foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment