50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Friday, November 1, 2013

Up next: Georgia

Next weekend (Nov. 8) I fly to Savannah for my final race of the year.  This will be race 26 and the first of the second leg of my challenge.

I'm pretty excited for this trip.  I've heard Savannah is beautiful.  A classic Southern city where the food is amazing.  I'll be staying in the historic district which is convenient for the Expo, start line, and all things fun in Savannah.

Being a history buff as I am staying in the historic district is perfect for me.  From what I've heard and read it's lined with cobblestone streets, gardens, and parks full of Spanish Moss.  I'm looking forward to the art and culture of the city and of course the food and Southern hospitality. Savannah is the largest National Historic Landmark District in the United States so it has churches, mansions, monuments and famous forts dating back to the Revolutionary & Civil War eras.  I'll also be paying a visit over to River Street where perhaps I'll take a cruise along the river. 

I really can't wait. More to come soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment