50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halfway to 50!

It was December  2011, sitting on the couch with my sister Carla, when I decided I wanted to take on this 50 state half marathon challenge.  It's a bit surreal to now be here at state/marathon 25.

This morning I completed the Rock n Roll St. Louis Half Marathon (1:40) officially putting me at the halfway mark to 50.  If I continue on this current path I may be crossing the finish line in Hawaii (reserved for 50) by November 2015.  So I continue on to Savannah next month to start the second half of this challenge.

Thanks to everyone who's been supportive throughout my training, travels, and races.  I am going to single out my two biggest supporters.  They are my sisters Maria and Carla.  They are amazing and nobody supports me as much as those two incredible ladies.

Up next:  Savannah, Ga.






Thanks, Mari!

Thanks, Carla! (clearly this was not taken during training time)

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I randomly came across your blog a few months ago (I was looking for a DC running group to join). It has been such an inspiration for me to finally start running! So much so, that last month I started running for the first time ever (I'd done it here and there over the years but nothing substantial). I'm now running 5 days a week 4-5 miles at time. AND I signed up for a half marathon this spring. Thank you so much for chronicling your races! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! It's been a great journey thus far but it only makes it better knowing that someone can use my experiences for some inspiration. Best of luck to you in your training and upcoming marathon!

      Delete