50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The last minute race

The last minute race is always fun.  A friend mentions it to you in passing, they say "come on just do it," you debate it, you go to the race site to sorta peruse it, and then say "what the hell .. let's do it."

My sister Carla is running the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon this Sunday.  It's a training run for her as she's preparing for the Philadelphia full marathon next month.  She's pretty baller. 

She mentioned the Half to me last week and asked if I wanted to do it with her.  I have St. Louis at the end of the month so I paused for a moment.  But, I think they're pretty spread out from each other and I am not running this one for time.  So it won't be a problem.  Plus after Wichita I sorta want to get on the pavement more often than not.  So I registered.

I've actually done this race before.  It's where I PR'd at 1:31.  That was a pretty great day.  It's a nice course that begins at Mount Vernon in Alexandria, Va and ends at the National Harbor in Maryland. I'm looking forward to doing it again. 

As I mention above I won't be running this race for time but rather to provide Carla any encouragement I can.  Her ankle has been bugging her lately so we need to keep an eye on that.  

Plenty of race day pics this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment