50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Friday, November 8, 2013

Georgia arrival

It was a nice arrival in Savannah today.  Mid 60s, sunny skies, and the entire city is buzzing about tomorrow.  I've been to plenty of cities for Rock n Roll series but Savannah certainly stands out as a city proud.

A humorous lapse in memory to mention here.  I actually thought the race was on Sunday.  So when I was chatting with the cab driver on the way in from the airport and she mentioned "are you ready for the big day tomorrow" I heard the record scratch.  What a dingaling I am.  So I dropped my stuff off at the hotel and headed to lunch before grabbing the ferry to take me over to the Expo.

Afterwards I walked around a bit before heading back to the hotel to rest before dinner.  I ended up at Tubby's Seafood on River Street.  It had some live music and nice river views from the balcony where I ate.  A nice way to end the evening.

Race and site seeing pics will be up tomorrow.



River Street








Lunch time

Southern style blackened fish sandwich


View from the Expo across the river





View from Tubby's balcony


A little Oreo and white chocolate bark from River Street sweets for dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment