50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Monday, November 18, 2013

A weekend with Olympians

It was a fun weekend hanging out with some real Olympians.  To start I got to meet four time Olympian Abdi Abdirahman Friday night.  He was at Pacers in Old Town Alexandria giving autographs. 

It was nice to meet him and inform him that my sister couldn't be there as she was in Philadelphia to run the marathon on Sunday.  His response, "Tell her good luck for me.  I too need to get ready for my marathon in a couple weeks."  In the end we're all runners.  He was a real nice guy.

Saturday I drove to Philadelphia to hang with another Olympian .. my sister.  Carla ran the FULL marathon yesterday finishing in 4:26:27.  She PR'd!  She was amazing finishing strong with an injured leg.  She's been tending to it for a while now and it started to hurt around mile eight.  Being the rock star that she is she pushed through the full 26.2.

Congrats to my sister! I'm real proud of her.


With four time Olympian Abdi Abdirahman

Early morning in Philly walking Carla to the start

She's ready

And excited!

Sun coming up in Philly

Waiting for the runners

The elites!

And here come the runners


Can you see Carla?  She's right there.

Walking to the finish




Finished 26.2 miles!




Family love and support

Heading home

No comments:

Post a Comment