50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Georgia last day

I couldn't leave Savannah without visiting the spot where Forrest sat telling the story of his life.  It's located in Chippewa Square but unfortunately the bench has been replaced with a flower bed.  The original bench is now in a museum in Savannah.

Afterwards I headed over to the Colonial Cemetery where many patriots of the Revolutionary War are buried.  I really enjoy seeing this part of history (Revolutionary and Civil War era) so this was great.

I sit here now at the airport ready to fly back to DC.  Georgia marks race 26 and my last for 2013.  I will be posting my 2013 calendar soon once I get logistics figured out.  I am charting to hit most of the Midwest and South.  It's going to be another great year.

Setting of the infamous Forrest Gump bench (now a flower bed)



Colonial Cemetery


















No comments:

Post a Comment