50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Georgia race day

A gorgeous day for a marathon.  I felt good when I woke up and had cool temps to accompany me.  The course was relatively flat and the crowds were great.  It may have been all of these factors in addition to my increased training that helped me get back into the 1:30s.

My finish time was 1:39:10.  I ran a 7:34 pace finishing 339 out of 11,390 overall.  I'm very happy with these results as the 1:30s have evaded me for quite some time.  I only hope I can keep this pace if not improve upon it.  I also had a nice surprise at the end of my race when I received an email that a Heavy Medal was waiting for me to pick up.  I went to the medals tent and picked up my ROCK STAR medal.  This is for completing five Rock n Roll Series half marathons in 2013.

Afterwards I went to the hotel to clean up before heading to B. Matthews for brunch.  From there I did a walking tour of the squares in the historic district.  I wish I could caption the photos that follow better as to which square you are seeing.  But, to be honest I just snapped photos as I walked.  The squares, cobble stone streets, and colonial architecture were simply beautiful.

I later caught a trolley to take me around sites of Savannah before dinner at Sweet Potatoes.  The food was classic southern and delicious.  After dinner it was time to catch the the Ghosts & Gravestones tour.  A little cheesy but still fun as Savannah is known as the most haunted city in the U.S.

Tomorrow I'll be visiting the Colonial Park Cemetery before brunch at The Pirates House.

And of course the final stop before heading to the airport will be the actual spot where Forrest Gump sat as he told the story of his life.







B Matthews for brunch



Beginning of my walking tour





















































Dinner time

Flank steak with sweet potato biscuit and roasted brussels sprouts 

1 comment:

  1. Holy hell!!! You are right Savannah is quite beautiful.
    I love the action pics from Philly as well.
    Carla ran it in 4 hours. That's crazy, lots of tv time in that time!!! lol
    Love the blog Beto.

    ReplyDelete