50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Friday, March 28, 2014

Kentucky arrival

I've arrived in Lexington, Kentucky for half marathon 30 in this 50 state challenge.  It's been a nice day visiting Kenneland for the expo and seeing its race course and thoroughbred racing facility.  I love horses so this was a nice bonus to the expo.

It's a bit cloudy today in Lexington and its expected to be cloudy and rainy tomorrow.  Hopefully it won't be too bad.  Little Rock was a downpour and we don't need a repeat.

After the race I'll head to Woodford Reserve to take a tour of its whiskey distillery (a must do when in Kentucky) before taking a walk to see some historic homes.  Tomorrow night I'll be downtown Lexington to cap the weekend before heading home Sunday.

More pics to come tomorrow.
Arrival at Blue Grass Airport 


A cloudy day in Lexington as I arrive at my hotel


My ride for the weekend

Alfalfa Restaurant, downtown Lexington



















The grounds of Keeneland





Keeneland race course















Horses .. gorgeous horses















No comments:

Post a Comment