50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Kentucky and a little bit of Bourbon ...

A gorgeous last day in Kentucky.  Sunny skies with just a little chill in the air.

I made my way to the Woodford Reserve today to take a tour of their distillery.  I'm a fan of Bourbon so I was interested in seeing just how this whole thing works.

But, in addition to seeing the entire Bourbon making process, Woodford is also a historical tour as well.  The distillery dates back 202 years making it a historical landmark.  This was a nice added bonus for me.

After the tour I headed to the airport (where I am typing this entry) ready to head back to DC.  With a little bit of luck we'll get in early so I can catch the season finale of Walking Dead.

Enjoy the pics.


Driving through some beautiful horse farms on the way to Woodford










































The grounds of Woodford










Yes, this is what your Bourbon looks like EIGHT years before you even sip it.




Barrels that will be used to store the Bourbon .. again for eight years






















The storage warehouse where the Bourbon will sit for eight years until ready to be bottled







Used up barrels

Bottling house















Best way to end a Bourbon tour ... a tasting

2 comments:

  1. Great photos from the tour! It's a little cruel that Friday and Sunday were both super gorgeous days. Oh well, at least it makes for good stories about the race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! You're absolutely right. Saturday was a rough weather day but it was nice to cap the weekend with a gorgeous Sunday for the tour.

      Thank you again and I hope you'll continue to follow as I hop around the country for these races. I see you're a runner too so it makes your outreach that much better.

      All the best!

      -Alberto

      Delete