50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Up next: Massachusetts

It's been two weeks now since the Boston Marathon bombings took place on April 15.  You don't have to be a runner to feel the impact of what happened but as a runner you know that running a race is the last place you'd imagine something that tragic happening.

I've had Massachusetts on my radar now for some time and hoped I could get it in this year.  After what happened I started to peruse races in Boston to see if I could not only run a Half but also pay tribute in some way.  I came across the perfect race.  The Boston's Run to Remember is a race that has always been a tribute to law enforcement officers who have been killed in the line of duty over the years.  It is not only a fun course through historic Boston but a great way to say thank you to these guys.

I'll be flying to Boston Memorial Day weekend to run the Half.  I've never been and I can't imagine a better time to go than now.

No comments:

Post a Comment