50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Monday, April 15, 2013

North Carolina race weekend

A great weekend in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  The weather was sunny/warm and the course a beautiful run through Kitty Hawk.  My apologies for the lack of photos but you can say I was a bit caught up in the weekend and simply taking in the whole experience.

I arrived in Nags Head and checked in to the Oasis Suites which offered some stunning views of the water.  I went to pick up my race packet and had an early evening as I was a bit tired from the day. To ensure I didn't oversleep I requested a wake up call for 5:45 am.  I know I don't usually mention this particular detail but in this situation it's important to note.  I say that because I never got that wake up call.

I wanted to be up at 5:45 am to get ready and take the 12 mile drive to the start line for a 7 am start.  However, considering I never got the call I woke up at 6:35 am.  You'd think panic would set in but I remained relatively calm.  I got dressed, drove to the start, and was crossing over the start line just as they were removing the time chip reader.

As I said, the course was beautiful taking you along the water and through Kitty Hawk.  It was a sunny, cool morning which only added to the experience.  I ended up finishing in 1:41:02. 

My next race will be in Nashville in two weeks.  I'll be joined by my sister, nephew, and the best running group a runner could ask for.  It's going to be a fun weekend that will certainly include some line dancing and plenty of country music.


I love the "Welcome to State" sign pic

View from my suite

A sunset over the Outer Banks



No comments:

Post a Comment