50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Monday, October 1, 2012

NY wedding (and a little running) weekend

This past weekend was great.  My very good friends Mike and Tania got married, and I consider myself pretty damn lucky to have been a part of it.  I was a groomsman so got a front row seat to the whole thing.

I arrived in NYC Thursday evening to settle in and stay with my brother.  I would be in Brooklyn for the weekend so wanted to see my brother for a bit before heading in.  My good friend Bill (also in the wedding party) would also be in Brooklyn and we had decided early on that we'd go for a 4 mile run the morning of the wedding.  Nothing gets you ready for a wedding like a nice morning run.  

We kept it simple.  We'd go over the Manhattan Bridge into the city and then back over the Brooklyn.  Simple.  I got some snaps along the way as I realized that nowhere in this blog do I have any NYC running.  They're not the best pics.  It was a bit cloudy and I wanted to keep up with Bill.  But, I got what I could.  After our jog I spent the rest of the afternoon helping Mike get some last minutes details done before photos and getting him hitched.   

The ceremony was beautiful.  The food was great.  The booze was plentiful.  The music was fun.  The dancing was exhausting.  And the laughs were many.  I'm very happy for my two friends and to have been able to be with them this weekend.


View of the Brooklyn Bridge from the Manhattan Bridge


Running over the Manhattan

And now a view of the Manhattan Bridge from the Brooklyn Bridge









The happy couple






Party time!


My lovely friend Erin who accompanied me for the festivities

Mike and I.  Congrats, buddy.





No comments:

Post a Comment