50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Friday, August 17, 2012

Rhode Island weekend

So I'm at the office right now packed and ready to go for the weekend.  I'll be leaving DC this afternoon with my first stop in Sayreville, NJ to visit my good friend Vinny.  Vinny is my best friend from high school whom I haven't seen in a few years.  My move to Cleveland in 2007 obviously cut opportunities for hanging out and trips back home were quick to see family.  So it'll be great to finally sit down with him and catch up.

Tonight I'll stay with Maria and Rich and then it's off to Providence early tomorrow morning.  The first stop will be the hotel before heading to the Rhode Island Convention Center for packet pickup.  

I'm feeling good for this Half.  I had a great eight mile run this past Monday after a weekend filled with beer, a lot of "don't eat that if you want to be healthy" food, and very little sleep.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to rally Monday for a much needed training run.  The original idea was to go easy with a five-miler.  But, by five I felt great and kept going to finish out eight.  I tapered and did a six and four - mile run during the week and am now ready to go.  It's going to be a great weekend.

Look out for a post every night this weekend with pictures and details.

No comments:

Post a Comment