50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Friday, August 24, 2012

Philadelphia Half coming up

Philadelphia Half is on September 16.  It's going to be great.  I also just got the good news that my sister Maria and brother-in-law Rich are once again coming along to be my cheering section.  Two Halfs in a row!  Now that's pretty awesome.  I discovered in Rhode Island that Maria takes some damn good photos on my iPhone.  She keeps a steady hand and has a good eye.  I was thoroughly impressed.

I also found out that my good friend Jill (also a colleague at work) will be running the Half too.  She's going to be running the ING NYC marathon (full) in November so this will be a good training run for her.  It'll also just be nice to hang out with her in Philly before race day Sunday.

As with Rhode Island, I'll be coming up to NJ and staying the night before heading out Saturday for packet pick up. This is not my first time to Philadelphia but it has been a long time.  I was here in 2006 on a business trip.  I found I really enjoyed it.  It's got a lot of great neighborhoods, and being somewhat of a history nerd it's fun to walk around and see the sites.  I'm also going to have to get a shot on the iconic Rocky steps.  I mean no trip to Philly is complete without one. 

Updates as the weekend gets closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment