50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Monday, July 23, 2012

Up Next: Rhode Island

Providence Half Marathon will be on August 19.  As I've written before, I'm excited for this not only because this will be a nice Half (I hear Providence is very nice) but also because my sister Maria will accompany me.  I don't see her too often being I'm in Washington, D.C. and she in NJ so I'm really looking forward to that weekend.  She is a lot of fun to travel with and very easy going.  That's a nice combination for my detail oriented Half weekends.  An added bonus is she's bringing her husband Rich.  He and I have a very nice yet comedic relationship.  It involves 99% of constantly making fun of each other to no end and 1% serious brother-in-law time.  Family reunions, holidays, weekend visits to NJ are highlighted with my Rich time.  He's one funny guy.  He also just happens to see my sister as the center of his universe.  He's a good guy.

The plan is to go up, run the Half, and then spend some time in Newport.  The race will start and finish downtown Providence in front of the State House.  The route will have scenic water views along the final mile of the course as we head back downtown to the finish line and then a post-race concert on the State House grounds.  It should be lot of fun.  Details and pics will of course follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment