50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Oregon arrival / day 1

Where to begin.  My debacle with Fargo this past weekend kept me there 48 hours longer than I anticipated putting me on a timeline for a nonstop travel week.

I only had one day in DC to get some rest before heading back out west to Portland.

I had a 6:05 am flight Thursday morning (after only four hours sleep) that got me in by 12:30 pm Portland time.  My rental car experience took longer than I'd like (two hours) and after I finally got my car I got to my hotel in the Nob Hill neighborhood by 4 pm.  I quickly showered and changed to get something to eat at Nob Hill Bar & Grill.  Afterwards I decided to go back to the hotel to lay down and before I knew it it was 11 pm.  I crashed.

The next day (Friday) I got brunch at Tasty & Son before heading to the Oregon Convention Center to pick up my packet.  I got there at exactly noon to get my packet early so I had time to take the 1 1/2 hour drive to Cannon Beach.  It was a great drive where I stopped at two viewpoints for some photos before getting to Cannon Beach.  It was a beautiful beach providing a great view of the Oregon coastline.

I spent the evening with my good friend Jenne at Departure roof top before heading out bar hopping around Portland downtown.  It was a great night ending with my return to my hotel at 4 am (as I type this entry).

More pics to come tomorrow!


Ready for Portland


Exploring Nob Hill


A beer and lunch at Nob Hill Bar & Grill


Expo








En route to Cannon Beach







Arrival at Cannon Beach



















Friday night at Departure Lounge with my good friend Jenne

No comments:

Post a Comment