50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Up next: Maine

I've decided to take July off as I've got some vacation time coming up and will be away during the month.  I was tempted to try to squeeze in a Vermont race but decided to hold off.  I'll use this time to work on some speed training to see if I can improve upon my 1:47 from Seattle.

The race I will be running in August is the Blueberry Cove Half Marathon.  It's in Tenants Harbor, Maine.  The description sounds as though it'll be a picturesque route .. "roads with views of the ocean crashing against the beaches and rocky shorelines, and houses here and there ...  runners pass near the fishing boats of Port Clyde and get to see the Marshall Point Light House (made famous by Tom Hanks's run in 'Forrest Gump.')"  I won't lie.  The Forrest Gump scene may have sold me on this race.  It's going to be nice.

My sister Maria will be joining me on this trip.  Part of the weekend will include some whale watching so it's going to be a fun weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment