50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Monday, June 24, 2013

Seattle race day

You really couldn't ask for a better day for a marathon. Yesterday morning provided sunny skies and mild temperatures with great Seattle views along the route.  

I wish I could say I broke the 1:40s that have been a constant over my last few races.  However, I finished in 1:47:36 placing 795 overall (12,367 runners).  My 5K came in at 24:09, 10K 47:47, and 10 mile at 1:19:07.  My pace finished at 8:13.  In the end I believe the hills got the better of me.  I'll keep pushing to get back into the 1:30 range over my next four races for 2013.  

After the race I met my good friend Liz for lunch at Ray's Boathouse before heading to the waterfront downtown for the Locks Cruise, a cruise that connects the Puget Sound and Lake Union via the Hiram Chittenden Locks.  Again, the weather was perfect to get out on the water and snap some nice pics.  At the end of the day we were able to catch a gorgeous sunset before dinner.  

This was a great race weekend in Seattle.  Big thanks to my friend Liz for showing me around.  

Up next:  Maine.



Heading to the start line



Finish line where my phone conveniently decided to die before I could get in the shot


View for lunch at Ray's Boathouse




Me with my friend Liz


At Pier 57 before boarding our cruise














Sun setting





No comments:

Post a Comment