50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Hawaii Day 5

Five years ago I created "Tight Laces in 50 Places," a personal challenge to run a half marathon in every state. Today - after 105,920 miles traveled and 655 marathon miles ran - I've come to the end of that journey. This morning I crossed the finish line in Maui, completing Hawaii and thereby all 50 states!

I want to thank all my friends and family that accompanied me on my travels and were there for both the good and rough times (two days stuck in Fargo!) A special thank you to my sister Maria who accompanied me to more states than anyone (10). Thanks, Mari!

I’m still tossing around ideas for my next challenge. But until I figure that out ... I’m going to the beach. Later!


The most supportive siblings a brother can ask for.

My niece!

The brother-in-laws

The #50 Hawaii crew.



No comments:

Post a Comment