50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Hawaii Day 1

So here we are.  #50. It's finally arrived.  Five years ago I started my journey to run a half marathon in all 50 states.  And last night I - along with family and friends - touched down in Maui.

Day 1 was spent exploring Lahaina.  I chose Maui to be where I finish this and Lahaina has a great half marathon.  It will be on Sunday.

This morning we went downtown for breakfast and to explore the city a bit.  Afterward we spent the afternoon at Black Rock and Kaanapali Beach,

Tomorrow we'll be driving the Road to Hana.  I'm real excited about that.  It's going to be a great day.  More pics to come ..


Walking into our home for the next eight days




Beach behind out house.  Basically our back yard


Downtown Lahaina




The view from breakfast







My brother Jorge, me, my nephew Richy








Scenic overlook

Kaanapali Beach





No comments:

Post a Comment