50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Michigan Day 5 - race day

I've had four really pretty mornings on this trip in Michigan.  But - I have to say - this morning was perfect. Cool but not cold. Sun was out strong to help warm things up a bit.  It was great.

The course was awesome.  Mostly flat with a hint of hills. The views were absolutely gorgeous, showing Old Mission Peninsula landscapes along the way.  Anyone looking for a very picturesque course should look no further.

And of course my good friends Andy and Kerry were waiting for me at the finish line with their adorable daughter Joey to cheer me in.  That was really awesome.  Thanks for coming, guys!

So this was it.  This was state/half marathon 49 for me. That just leaves one more to go.  And that will be in January when I fly with friends and family to Hawaii (Maui). That gives me 2 1/2 months break.

It's a bit surreal that I'm actually going to complete this challenge.   But I'll save all my sappy thoughts for January when I cross that finish line.

For now, enjoy the pics ...


Sunrise over Traverse City



Ready to go





My little cheerleader Joey

A great trip with great friends

No comments:

Post a Comment