50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Michigan Day 2

I was worried today may get rained out but it ended up being a beautiful day to take a drive up Old Mission Peninsula.

I took the drive with making stops along the way.  I noticed the leaves are changing colors but it seems I may just be missing peak season.  A few colors.  But not quite there yet.  I'm hoping to catch some more this weekend.

On the way up the Peninsula I stopped in the Village of Mapleton, Mission Point Lighthouse, and closed at the Old Mission General Store.  Each stop was great with some cool photos along the way.

Enjoy the pics ..
Driving the Old Mission Peninsula

Hint of Fall ..



Mission Point Lighthouse (established 1870)




Took a walk down the beach from the lighthouse

Old Mission General Store




If ever in Old Mission go to the General Store and get their ice cream. Trust me.  Do it. It was that good that I took a selfie to capture the moment.  And I never take selfies.


No comments:

Post a Comment