50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Nebraska race day

It was a great race day today in Omaha.  We had cool morning temps, a relatively flat course, and great crowds.  The ending of the race came as a surprise to me (I didn't research this course map much) as we ended up turning into Ameritrade Park Stadium for the final loop before crossing the finish line.  That was pretty cool.

I ended up crossing the finish line in 1:45:13 (unofficial time).  I was pushing for a 1:40 finish but it's OK as it'll just leave me to train harder for my next race (Iowa next month).

This was a fun weekend in Nebraska.  It puts me at 37 completed half marathons/states with three left for 2014.

So stay tuned ...

Up next:  Des Moines, Iowa


6:30 am sunrise before race start

One loop around TD Ameritrade Park before crossing the finish


Almost there

Finish line shot


1 comment:

  1. I got really excited when I saw this post in my feed called "Nevada Race Day". I guess you were just as excited as I was and then realized you were in a different state. Congrats, AA!

    ReplyDelete