50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Monday, February 25, 2013

New Orleans race day - Day 3

After two days of clouds and sporadic rain, it was clear and sunny yesterday making it a great day for a half marathon.

The course was good as it was flat the entire way and took you around the city and through the French Quarter.  As with most of my races, the nerves set in just before the start.  However, this time the nerves were the result of a little over two months since my last race in Annapolis.  All last year no more than a month went by between races.  So naturally I was a little curious to see how I'd do in my first race back.  I was able to find a good stride early on and kept it for a 7:41 pace.  I ended placing 427 out of 9,257.  My 5K time was 24:22, 10K: 47:36, and 10 mile at 1:16:38.

There was a little bit of concern after I crossed the finish.  My good friend Mike was monitoring Bill and myself online and never saw Bill pass the 5K mark.  The theories of what may have happened to began swirling and I even went to the medical tent to see if anyone was picked up before the 5K mark.  But, in the end he was just fine and I lost all opportunity for some great jabs.  It ended up being a technical malfunction with his chip.

So on that note, the answer to the question that's been pondering Bill and I for months:

My finish time:      01:40:38

Bill's finish time:   01:53:32

A great race, buddy.

Heading to the start









Rock n Roll Series knows how to treat its runners





This is just awesome


Bloody Mary time at Cafe Ole



The first of three Hurricanes (you read that right .. three)


A New Orleans creole dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment