50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Next: NJ

I'm back in DC after a nice two weeks in Albuquerque.  It was a fun time.  I had great weather, delicious green chili, and checked New Mexico off the challenge.  It was a fun Half Marathon.  To top it off, I met some awesome people and now have some new friends.

Up next:  New Jersey.  This is the Long Branch Half Marathon.  This is my first time doing a Half in NJ.  And I hear this is a good one.  My sister and brother did it last year and the one detail I took away from their talks that really resonates with me today is that it is FLAT.  It's a flat course and this can be my shot at hitting my 1:30.  The course goes through the neighborhoods and business districts of Long Branch, Monmouth Beach and Oceanport. The finish is an oceanfront finish so there may also be some beach time post race.

I'll be driving up from DC with my sister and good friend Teresa on Friday; both are running it as well. We'll be joined by my brother who is also running it.  I'll be sure to get some shots at the Expo and plenty from the beach.  Stay tuned next weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment