50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Sunday, October 4, 2015

South Dakota race day

"When is this uphill going to end?!"

That was what I kept hearing around me for the first two miles of this half marathon.  Granted after it ended the rest of the 11.1 miles was flat and downhill.  But, those first two were brutal.

I ended up finishing in 1:49.  Normally I'd be bummed about that but seeing my brother, sister, and brother-in-law four times throughout the race makes the time irrelevant.  We had not planned out viewing spots prior to the race so this was a welcome surprise.  It was pretty awesome.

My next half will be in Las Vegas next month.  That will be my final race for the year.  It's going to be a big one.  It's the Rock n Roll "Strip at Night" and I'll be accompanied by my friends Mike and Bill who will also be running.  That will make for an interesting weekend.

Stay tuned next month ...



Finish line with my sister Maria, brother-in-law Rich, and brother Jorge


No comments:

Post a Comment