50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Indiana race weekend

It was a fun race weekend in Indianapolis.  I say that not only because Indianapolis was a nice city to visit but because I was accompanied by my brother in law Rich.  He flew in from NJ to join me and it was a lot of fun.

Race day was intense.  It started at 6:30 am with temps peaking only at 29 degrees.  By the time 8 am hit and the race started, it was only at 31.  It.  Was.  Cold.  Very cold.

However, the course was nice and flat with crowds all along the way.  The city really came out despite the cold weather and that many were probably still sleeping off Halloween.  I ended up finishing in 1:41:18 with a 7:44 pace.  I have Tucson coming up in a month and hope to shave off a minute to get me back in the 1:30s.

Many thanks to Rich for coming out and hopefully I'll have him accompany me again next year in Oklahoma City (already planning ahead).

Up next:  Arizona


A view of DC en route to Indianapolis


Rich and I after arrival to Indianapolis at RAM Restaurant

All set


7 am and 30 degrees but good to go!



Finished!


Most intense Bloody Mary ever in my 50 state challenge
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
















Indiana State House

Indiana sunset

A few drinks to cap the weekend at The Ball & Biscuit


No comments:

Post a Comment