50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Friday, February 21, 2014

Mississippi arrival

It was an interesting day that did not start so well but had a great ending.

Unfortunately, I had another airline issue this time.  Last month when I traveled to Mobile it was lost luggage.  This time it was a cancelled flight from Atlanta to Tupelo.  So I had to wait four hours in Atlanta for the next flight.  Not the end of the world but unfortunate.

Once I got to Tupelo it was smooth sailing.  I rented a car to drive from Tupelo Regional Airport to Oxford.  We had great weather today.  51 and sunny.  The drive was nice.  Once I got to Oxford I picked up my packet before heading to the hotel.

After checking in and getting settled I decided to head to Courthouse Square in downtown Oxford.  I have to say it was really nice at night.  I specifically chose Oxford because it is your iconic, small southern town.  It has a lot of history.  I did not take photos because they wouldn't come out great at night.  But, I'm going back tomorrow after the race to spend the day.

More to come tomorrow.


Flying to Mississippi

My ride for the weekend

Driving to Oxford, Mississippi


Ready for race day 

Classic Southern dish of chicken and dumplings with broccoli creole, mash potatoes w/ gravy, and cornbread

No comments:

Post a Comment